Peridot Lovers is owned and operated by Adam Altman. Adam is a Registered Gemologist and a member of the following organizations:
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Adam. We think it is important that you read this page before purchasing from us (or the about page of any website before you purchase from them). At the bottom of the page, we’ll have a link to some frequently asked questions for further reading as well.
Here is a brief background on why I started this web site:
- A few years ago the Chinese government implemented a ban on mining peridot. We bought as much as we could—especially of the larger sized stones (which are rare to begin with for peridot).
- We are based in Beverly Hills, California. We have other small offices throughout the world (Brazil, China, Sri Lanka, Thailand).
- My father started in the gemstone and jewelry business over 35 years ago. He built a big business selling to major manufacturers and wholesalers. For the past 5 years, we’ve been selling gemstones online direct to consumers as well.
- Peridot Lovers is a new online shop (launched in June 2007) but we have been selling online through other micro-niche websites since 2003.
- Your main point of contact will be me – Adam – the owner of this fabulous website and peridot. Contact me with any questions you have.
If you have any questions, please take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions page. If you find that your question is not answered there, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Peridot Lover #1